Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday, May 29

Today was our first day back in Haiti on a "maintenance run".
It is a humbling experience and one that brings me to my knees as I rely solely on God because there "aint' nowhere else to go".
The needs are so many.
The resources so few. Struggling to even get clean water to 10 elderly on a daily basis.

Approached today to add 2 more ill elders to the program.
Inside I cry because we cannot do it.
Outside I politely smile and explain we do not have the money or capability to care for two more at this time.
What would Jesus do goes around and around in my head.
I know we can't help all
But what if the "all" is your father or uncle and you are told "no" by a smiling white person who goes home at night with a full belly and water to drink?

Working with the elderly is no Sunday school picnic - full of smiles and laughing children.
It is hard work, brutal honesty and reality of impending death.
Then again, going to the cross to save us, forgiving us of our sins, knowing we will turn around and sin again - that is what gives me strength and hope and focus.
Our Savior did more for me than I can even fathom.

He will show his face again tomorrow providing strength and focus and just what we need when we need it! More importantly, He will be ever present with these amazing people and elders. Praise God for what he is doing here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment